SportsMendy Pleads Not Guilty To Count Of Rape

Mendy Pleads Not Guilty To Count Of Rape

-

- Advertisment -spot_img
FLASH SALES

Manchester City defender Benjamin Mendy has pleaded not guilty to an eighth count of rape ahead of his trial.

Mendy Pleads Not Guilty To Count Of Rape

The footballer appeared at Chester Crown Court on Wednesday for his trial.

FREE DELIVERY

He has already denied seven counts of rape, one count of attempted rape and one count of sexual assault.

He pleaded not guilty to the tenth charge, relating to a new complainant, which had already been reported but had not previously been put to him.

He is due to stand trial alongside co-defendant Louis Saha Matturie, 40.

Read AlsoSecurity Chiefs Braced Up To Stop Bandits, Boko Haram

Matturie, of Eccles, Salford, denies eight counts of rape and four counts of sexual assault relating to eight young women.

His alleged offences span July 2012 to August last year.

About 20 members of the media were in court for the hearing on Thursday, with others watching by videolink.

A French interpreter was in the dock with the defendants. Jury selection is expected to take place later on Wednesday.

None of the women involved can be identified and reporting restrictions apply ahead of the trial.

Mendy has played for Manchester City since 2017, when he joined from Monaco for a reported £52 million.

He was suspended by the club after being charged by police. Both defendants are on bail.

newswebbs
newswebbshttps://newswebbs.com
New Webbs is an independent online news platform launched with the aim of connecting the world with the latest news on the web.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest news

AfDB Says Rising Cost Of Living Could Lead To Social Unrest In Nigeria, Others

The African Development Bank (AfDB) has warned that the escalating prices of fuel and other essential commodities might provoke...

Ibadan Residents Protest Over Economic Hardship

Ibadan, Nigeria - Following high cost of living, food inflation and current economic hardship in the country, the residents...

NGO Relieves Widows With Cash, Food Items In FCT

Abuja, Nigeria -  In a bid to alleviate the current economic challenges in the country, the Touch Me Foundation...

Customs Intercepted 15 Trucks Of Smuggled Foods In Sokoto

Sokoto, Nigeria - The Nigeria Customs Service, on Sunday, said that it intercepted 15 trailers that were fully loaded...
- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img

South Africa, Cote d’Ivoire, Other Embassies Owing $5.3M Ground Rents In Abuja

Abuja, Nigeria - Foreign embassies and high commissions owed ground rents of $5,368,218 million in 2023, disclosed the Federal...

natnudO Foods, FUNAAB Partner For Entrepreneurial Poultry Project

Abeokuta, Nigeria - Fueled by a shared vision of nurturing future agricultural leaders and boosting Nigeria's food security, natnudO...

Must read

South Africa, Cote d’Ivoire, Other Embassies Owing $5.3M Ground Rents In Abuja

Abuja, Nigeria - Foreign embassies and high commissions owed...

For Every $1 Gains From Tobacco, Country Spends $3 On Healthcare

Lagos, Nigeria - The Federal Government has stated that...
- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you